Friday, May 15, 2009

Me---Reading!

I know all you book-lovers and readers will find this difficult to believe, especially since I have always considered myself a book-lover and reader. I never take time to go to the library! But today I treated myself to a trip to the library. I know most people don't consider that a treat--its more of a necessity!
Sacramento County has an amazing library, but we live 35 miles from the library. There are numerous little branches that are great, too, and we have a wonderful little library in Galt. It is 1 minute away by car and 10 minutes by foot. But do I ever take the time to go there instead of spending my time playing Bejeweled Blitz, browsing the internet, or knitting while lying on my back in bed? Today, all that changed!
And I think I really scored! I picked up "The Soloist", "Names My Sisters Call Me", "Retail Therapy", and"The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing". Nothing heavy, you know. I have to ease myself back into reading.
It's not like I haven't been reading anything. I read the Bible from cover to cover three times, three different versions in the past two years. And my AARP magazines.
So, I am feeling rich, I have a stash.

1 comment:

Greg said...

"The Soloist" got snagged off the top of the stack by moi. It's really good so far.